Just the other day, Thea and I were saying, with all the music agency’s coming out with Christmas songs, we wished YG would come out with one. Of course if it did, it would probably be cool and edgy. And then this happened. The pairing of Bom & Hi certainly aren’t like the other Kpop Christmas acts out there. ANd this video certainly aren’t like the other videos out there. It is sooo much better! This creepy, creepy pants video is so freaking fun. And it certainly shows YG’s sense of humor. Lets take a look at all the lovely weirdness that is this video.
1) The look of death. Bom with her ‘pill’s and Hi in her funeral shroud.
2) I think Shakespeare saw this duo coming: “Double, double, toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.”
3) Dragging the dripping bag across the floor. What’s in it? What does this have to do with their lost love? (And I’m starting to see why these ladies were abandoned.)
4) Don’t eat it Mouse! Don’t eat it! This won’t end well for you!
5) These ladies look entirely too gleeful with the ax. Its the most expression they’ve had on their faces the whole video.
6) What’s with the deer? Never mind. I don’t think I want to know….
7) Oh now I get it! These girls are Miss Haversham! Abandoned on their wedding days, living in the wreck of happiness, twisted inside, waiting for the perfect time to get their revenge.
8) Why does this scare the pants off me?
9) I told you it was a bad idea mouse. Nothing good ever came of hanging around crazy.
10) Despite the power of the song, both girls face never change expression.
The song itself is an interesting take on a familiar favorite. It’s been covered before, but everyone seems to just sing it exactly the same, Bom & Hi took the song and made it his own.
Bom & Hi, All I Want For Christmas Is You