In this episode, Cherry Cordial and special guests Leila and Xe dive into the fantasy, costume drama world of The Untamed. We discuss the decades long, drift compatible, (canon gay!) soulmate romance between ancient Chinese cultivators Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. Communicated solely through longing gazes, unflagging loyalty and trust, shared ethics, and a little melodramatic fainting, this relationship is searingly romantic, without anything so prosaic as kiss scenes. (Who are we kidding, fanfic links in show notes!)
Find it Here
If you have a listener question you’d like to ask us, be it drama related, casting, recommendations, really anything you can think of, please let us know. We can be reached via our website contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jiang of Yunmeng
- Evil but badass mother
- Jiang Cheng
- Wei Wuxian (aka Wei Ying, aka A’Ying, aka Puppy)
- Lotus Pier
- Lan of Gusu
- Lan Qiren
- Lan Xichen (aka Brilliance Overgrowth Lord)
- Lan Wangji (aka Lan Zhan, aka Light Bearing Lord)
- Cloud Recesses
- Jin of whatever
- Repressing his feelings betrothed
- Jin Ling
- Mian Mian
- Carp Tower
- Nie of Qinghe
- Unclean Realm
- Wen of Qishan
- Wen Chao
- That horrible GF
- Wen Qing
- Wen Ning
- Nightless City
- Xiao Xingchen
- Song Lan
- Xue Yang
魂兮歸來 不下幽都 (It is in English, even thought the title is not)
Anime with English Subs
Pins, pronunciation, all things cdrama
Philippines Social Distancing Memes
And avoid going to crowded places!
— WeTV Philippines (@WeTVPhilippines) March 16, 2020
Here are my promised fanfic links. Also, having trouble finding the modern AU we talked about where Lan Wangji was immortal. If I find it, I’ll add it here.
We should apologize for the following:
- We’d like to apologize to anyone who was hoping to get some sort of sensible plot summary out of our fangirl ramblings, but if you haven’t watched the show, go watch the show. It also doesn’t always makes sense.
- We’d also like to apologize to Stephanie for harassing her to watch the show, even when she wasn’t there. We just really love you, Stephanie, and we really love the show, and we think you’d be so happy together.