Episode 233: Dramas – Really Doing It For Us

Posted by Stephanie on April 17, 2020

Podcast

Stephanie’s back! Did you miss her? In this episode, we’re talking about all the drama we’ve been watching and, since it’s been a while and we’re both locked up in our houses…the list is substantial.

Find it Here

Apple Podcast
Google Podcast
RSS Feed
Direct Download

Listener Question

If you have a listener question you’d like to ask us, be it drama related, casting, recommendations, really anything you can think of, please let us know. We can be reached via our website contact form or email us at podcast@kchatjjigae.com.

Clarifications

Stephanie said Pete, she meant Ae.

Dramas Mentioned

Love O2O Book

A Slight Smile is Very Charming

Shan Shan Book

Come and Eat, Shan Shan

Playlist, Love By Chance

Playlist, 2Gether The Series

Stephanie should apologize for the following:
  • DUDE. She can’t believe she missed up the names of the characters of one of her favorite comfort watches. DUDE GET IT TOGETHER.
Thanks for listening! See you next time.

• Reply humbledaisy1 April 17, 2020 at 1:48 pm

You may be interested in watching the Thai version of Boss & Me – it was just filmed with Push Puttichai Kasetsin and Alm (the girl from the Thai version of Full House and Kiss Me) – and it’s supposed to air in 2020. I’m spending my social distancing time digging my way through the silly costume Chinese dramas like Lovely Swords Girl and To Get Her.

• Reply Stephanie April 19, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Thanks Humble Daisy! I am interested in that! I’ll be interested in seeing their take on it. See? More people getting through with Chinese dramas! LAUGH

• Reply Angela April 22, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Speaking of silly costume dramas, I had fun with Mengfei Comes Across and Unique Lady.

• Reply Beverly April 17, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Just pausing to say that so far Welcome is cute, fluffy, ridiculous fun. The cat is amazing, lol.

Maybe you touch on it but the writer of Head/Shoulders and A Love so Beautiful has a new adaptation out on Viki titled The Love Equations.

• Reply Stephanie April 19, 2020 at 4:34 pm

OOOOH GOOD TO KNOW. On both of those.

• Reply Angela April 19, 2020 at 4:25 pm

So I think I’m watching all of the BL dramas you mentioned on this episode! I kept wondering if the actor who played Gun in the first En of Love story had an unfortunate break out during filming. I was actually thinking about stopping En of Love cause I was annoyed at Vee cheating on his GF and playing with Mark’s feelings. He also seems a bit toxic towards Mark.

I really like 2gether the series. It’s just too cute. I’m glad that the girls that have been thrown into the mix haven’t impacted their developing relationship and dragged on like it would in some shows. And I like how straightforward the story is.

Cherry if you like the Emperor/Fox Girl storyline, you may want to check out their drama that tells their story (same actor and actress) once you finish Eternal Love. I know what you mean about her personality being completely different in her mortal state, but I just considered that she had no memories of her life. As an immortal she has years as the princess (and then queen) of a major clan to back up not having to take anybody’s $&!t, but as a mortal alone in a place full of immortals who harm her when she doesn’t even do anything, it be hard to invite trouble by standing up for herself. The change is sill frustrating tho.

• Reply Stephanie April 19, 2020 at 4:38 pm

He really did, poor kid. I also think the glasses were a poor choice. Some people can pull off the 70’s serial killer glasses, I don’t think he can. And yeah, I don’t get Vee. “I love my girlfriend! But lets make out! And shame on you for having a crush on my friend.” Hrm.

I love 2gether so much! It’s so lovely and I really need it to stay that way.

• Reply Angela April 22, 2020 at 2:30 pm

I saw a YouTuber post this morning that the English Translation of Book 1 of 2gether is available in the Meb app. Not sure how much it costs though.

• Reply Stephanie April 29, 2020 at 7:12 pm